Credit: rplg.co Governments Going Digital Governments are one of the last strongholds of an undigitized, linear sector of humanity, and they are falling behind fast. Apart from their struggle to keep up with private sector digitization, federal governments are in a crisis of trust. At almost a 60-year low, only 19 percent of Americans reported…
POST EVENT REPORT
THE MARRIAGE OF FINANCIAL INNOVATION AND DIGITISATION
ABOUT THE FORUM
As the slump in oil prices is starting to weigh on businesses in the region, CFOs are gearing up to take on increasingly high levels of responsibility in helping their organisations navigate the waters of global economic fluctuations.
A strategist, a number cruncher, a strategic advisor, a catalyser for change: today’s CFO is multi-faceted. The CFO Strategies Forum MENA is the only platform focused on covering the different aspects of a CFO’s role, arming the attendees with the right tools to overcome their biggest challenges.
Over two days, the forum brings together over 120 Chief Financial Officers, CEOs and industry experts to discuss industry trends, catalyse the region’s continuous growth and provide them with unparalleled education + networking opportunities.
The forum also features the MENA CFO Awards, which recognise individuals and organisations for their outstanding achievements and revolutionary practices.
#DigitalCFO IN NUMBERS
TOP FINANCE LEADERS
TOTAL BUYING BUDGET
AVG REVENUE OF CFOs
HOURS OF NETWORKING
HOURS OF LEARNING
BREAKDOWN BY INDUSTRY
BREAKDOWN BY JOB TITLE
- Finance and real estate
- Diversified industries conglomerates
- Oil and gas
- Telecom and IT
- Public sector
CFO, Group CFO, Deputy CFO 55%
Vice President Finance, Finance Director 18%
CEO, COO, MD, Executive Director 15%
Finance Manager 12%
‘The agenda as well as the speakers selection were really good’
Dar Al Riyadh
‘Great event, I will try not to miss any future event’
Safwa Islamic Bank
‘Very difficult to find as many high-quality CFOs and colleagues in one location.’
#DigitalCFO IN PHOTO
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PARTNER
DIGITAL MEDIA PARTNERS
MENA CFO OF THE YEAR
This award recognises a CFO for their continuous development of the Finance Department and serving as an advisor to senior management in making strategic decisions. Nominees are required to provide examples of their leadership, strategic thinking, and key management decisions.
REVOLUTIONARY CFO OF THE YEAR
Presented to a CFO who has demonstrated innovation by expanding beyond accounting and control to a more active role in developing strategies, and articulating them internally and externally to win the support of all key stakeholders.
FINANCE TEAM OF THE YEAR – PRIVATE SECTOR
This award honours a finance team from the private sector with 3 or more members who played an instrumental role in contributing to the success of their organisation. The department needs to demonstrate a proactive approach to balancing time between number crunching and business analysis, as well as delivering timely financial information.
FINANCE TEAM OF THE YEAR – PUBLIC SECTOR
This award honours a finance team from the public sector with 3 or more members who played an instrumental role in contributing to the success of their organisation. The department needs to demonstrate a proactive approach to balancing time between number crunching and business analysis, as well as delivering timely financial information.
FINANCE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR
Recognises a well-renown finance professional who has performed exceptionally well in his/her role and had a direct impact in innovating the finance department. The nominee must have served in the department for over 5 years.
WOMAN IN FINANCE
Developed in partnership with ACCA, this award honours a senior female finance executive who has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills and actively contributes to promoting the finance profession and developing female talent. This category is open to female financial professionals (CFOs, Directors of Finance, Heads of Treasury) with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
EMERGING CFO OF THE YEAR
This award is presented to the CFO of a public or private company who has broken through the traditional boundaries of finance and demonstrated innovation by expanding beyond accounting and control to a more active role developing strategies and articulating them internally and externally to win the support of all key stakeholders.
|MENA CFO of the Year|
|Revolutionary CFO of the year|
Nidal Al Khatib
|Finance Team of the year – Public Sector|
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
|Finance Team of the Year – Private Sector|
Kuwait International Bank
|Emerging CFO of the year|
|Finance Professional of the year|
|Woman in finance|
Latifa Al Sabhan
- Only one nomination permitted per category
- Your nomination form and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following file formats: .pdf, .doc, .ppt
- To apply for more than one award category, you must submit a separate nomination pack for each application
- Applications must only be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject line
“[Company] MENA CFO Awards 2018”
- Applications sent via postal mail or fax will not be accepted.
- All supporting documents exceeding 4mb in size must be shared via WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Deadline for submissions: September 27th 2018
- The awards ceremony will take place on November 1st, 2018.
THE AWARDS PROCESS
- All completed nominations will be sent to the judging panel on September 28th, 2018.
- The judging panel consists of CFOs and C-level executives from a variety of industries.
- The 3 shortlisted nominees and the winner in each category will be notified one week prior to the awards ceremony.
- The winner will be announced to the public during the MENA CFO awards ceremony.
- Winners’ details will be announced on our website, post-event report and press releases.
- Winners will also have the opportunity to be part of the steering committee for the CFO Strategies Forum MENA 2018
- Only initiatives, policies and programmes implemented after June 2017 will be taken into consideration for all categories.
- All nominations are treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- If two entries running for first place have reached the same total amount of points in a category, the final judging panel will declare a winner.
- In exceptional cases, the Jury may declare co-winners.
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Any corporation, institution of individual person with a presence / residence in the MENA region may enter the awards.
- Due to the high number of entries, applicants that do not get shortlisted may not be officially informed.
- The nominees may be requested to provide additional information during the process. Members of the judging panel may not participate in the competition.
- No member of the judging panel will be allowed to assess a company he/she is associated with.
- Each participant/nominee is self-responsible to ensure that by applying to the awards he/she is not violating copyright laws or intellectual property rights of another person, company or institution.
- The decision made by the judging panel is final. All participants agree to submit to the decisions of the evaluation committee and the judging panel.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Naseba, MENA CFO Awards and its sponsors the right to print, publish, display, broadcast, and use the entrant’s name, entry information, trade names, trademarks and logos for purposes related to the Awards.
- The MENA CFO Awards or Naseba cannot be held responsible for any trademark or confidentiality disputes concerning entries to the Awards.
- 2 finalists and the winner in each category will be notified one week prior to the ceremony. Finalists and winners will be announced to the public during the awards ceremony.
- Finalists will receive a certificate of accomplishment, while winners will be presented a trophy. Finalists and winners’ details will be included in the awards presentation, event website, press release and post-event report.