INTERNATIONAL BEST SELLING AUTHOR
ABOUT THE FORUM
As the slump in oil prices is starting to weigh on businesses in the region, CFOs are gearing up to take on increasingly high levels of responsibility in helping their organisations navigate the waters of global economic fluctuations.
A strategist, a number cruncher, a strategic advisor, a catalyser for change: today’s CFO is multi-faceted. The CFO Strategies Forum MENA is the only platform focused on covering the different aspects of a CFO’s role, arming the attendees with the right tools to overcome their biggest challenges.
Over two days, the forum brings together over 120 Chief Financial Officers, CEOs and industry experts to discuss industry trends, catalyse the region’s continuous growth and provide them with unparalleled education + networking opportunities.
The forum also features the MENA CFO Awards, which recognise individuals and organisations for their outstanding achievements and revolutionary practices.
- Understand business requirements, mission objectives and their priorities
- Achieve strategic goals and realise business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain a competitive edge over other organisations
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- Better understand current digital innovations and risks associated with it to the organisation
- Understand the actions required to close gaps between current and target financial state
For CPE credits
- Language of instruction: English
- Programme level: Basic
- Delivery method: Group-Live
- Pre-requisites: None
- Advance preparation: None
- CPE credits provided: Finance 8.0 credits, Technology 2.0 credits
- Field of study: Finance and technology
The National Registry statement will be on the website as soon as approved by NASBA.
For more information or registration, please contact:
For administrative policies such as complaint, cancellation or refund, please contact our offices at +971 4 581 4300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEYNOTES, FIRE CHATS, AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS
Learn from the experience of successful C-level executives through interactive panel discussions. Each centres on a specific topic with time for Q&A sessions afterward, enabling you to have your most pressing questions answered.
Focusing on specific topics and themes, these give you the opportunity to choose your own workshops and take part in highly interactive sessions that deliver practical knowledge and skill
16+ HOURS OF BUSINESS-FOCUSED NETWORKING
Get to meet prominent, like-minded delegates in a focused, five-star environment. You can conduct meetings, share strategies and ideas, explore business opportunities and build profitable professional relationships.
Engage in a problem-solving round table discussion of your choice with your peers to come up with solutions to a key challenge of the group.
A highlight of the forum, the awards acknowledge prominent individuals and organisations for a variety of skills, acumen, and achievements. The highest quality entrants ensure strong competition.
KEY ATTENDEE STATISTICS
BREAKDOWN BY INDUSTRY
BREAKDOWN BY JOB TITLE
- Finance and real estate
- Diversified industries conglomerates
- Oil and gas
- Telecom and IT
- Public sector
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PARTNER
DIGITAL MEDIA PARTNERS
MENA CFO OF THE YEAR – PUBLIC SECTOR
This award recognises a CFO from a public sector organisation for their continuous development of the Finance Department and serving as an advisor to senior management in making strategic decisions. Nominees are required to provide examples of their leadership, strategic thinking, and key management decisions.
MENA CFO OF THE YEAR – PRIVATE SECTOR
Acknowledges a CFO from a private sector organisation for exceptional performance in leading the finance team during the past year. This may include aligning the finance function with their organisation’s strategic direction and having a direct impact on its bottom line.
REVOLUTIONARY CFO OF THE YEAR – PUBLIC SECTOR / PRIVATE SECTOR
Presented to a CFO who has demonstrated innovation by expanding beyond accounting and control to a more active role in developing strategies, and articulating them internally and externally to win the support of all key stakeholders.
REVOLUTIONARY CEO OF THE YEAR
The winner of this award will have played an integral role in maintaining a balance between protecting the company’s assets while promoting a culture of innovation, risk-taking and flexibility in order to prepare for fast-growing emerging markets.
FINANCE TEAM OF THE YEAR – PUBLIC SECTOR / PRIVATE SECTOR
This award honours a finance team with 3 or more members who played an instrumental role in contributing to the success of their organisation. The department needs to demonstrate a proactive approach to balancing time between number crunching and business analysis, as well as delivering timely financial information.
FINANCE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR
Recognises a well-renown finance professional who has performed exceptionally well in his/her role and had a direct impact in innovating the finance department. The nominee must have served in the department for over 5 years.
WOMAN IN FINANCE
Developed in partnership with ACCA, this award honours a senior female finance executive who has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills and actively contributes to promoting the finance profession and developing female talent. This category is open to female financial professionals (CFOs, Directors of Finance, Heads of Treasury) with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
EMERGING CFO OF THE YEAR
This award is presented to the CFO of a public or private company who has broken through the traditional boundaries of finance and demonstrated innovation by expanding beyond accounting and control to a more active role developing strategies and articulating them internally and externally to win the support of all key stakeholders.
Dealmaker of the Year
Finance Team of the Year
Financial Executive of the Year
Group Financial Controller
Almoayyed International Group
Investor of the Year
Nidal Al Khatib
Al Hail Holding
MENA CFO of the Year – Private sector
Chief Financial and Assets Management Officer
National Bonds Corporation
MENA CFO of the Year – Public sector
Executive Vice President – Finance
Revolutionary CEO of the Year – Private sector
Director of Finance and Budget
Revolutionary CFO of the Year – Public sector
Hamriyah Free Zone Authority
- Only one nomination permitted per category
- Your nomination form and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following file formats: .pdf, .doc, .ppt
- To apply for more than one award category, you must submit a separate nomination pack for each application
- Applications must only be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject line
“[Company] MENA CFO Awards 2018”
- Applications sent via postal mail or fax will not be accepted.
- All supporting documents exceeding 4mb in size must be shared via WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Deadline for submissions: September 27th 2018
- The awards ceremony will take place on November 1st, 2018.
THE AWARDS PROCESS
- All completed nominations will be sent to the judging panel on September 28th, 2018.
- The judging panel consists of CFOs and C-level executives from a variety of industries.
- The 3 shortlisted nominees and the winner in each category will be notified one week prior to the awards ceremony.
- The winner will be announced to the public during the MENA CFO awards ceremony.
- Winners’ details will be announced on our website, post-event report and press releases.
- Winners will also have the opportunity to be part of the steering committee for the CFO Strategies Forum MENA 2018
- Only initiatives, policies and programmes implemented after June 2017 will be taken into consideration for all categories.
- All nominations are treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- If two entries running for first place have reached the same total amount of points in a category, the final judging panel will declare a winner.
- In exceptional cases, the Jury may declare co-winners.
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Any corporation, institution of individual person with a presence / residence in the MENA region may enter the awards.
- Due to the high number of entries, applicants that do not get shortlisted may not be officially informed.
- The nominees may be requested to provide additional information during the process. Members of the judging panel may not participate in the competition.
- No member of the judging panel will be allowed to assess a company he/she is associated with.
- Each participant/nominee is self-responsible to ensure that by applying to the awards he/she is not violating copyright laws or intellectual property rights of another person, company or institution.
- The decision made by the judging panel is final. All participants agree to submit to the decisions of the evaluation committee and the judging panel.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Naseba, MENA CFO Awards and its sponsors the right to print, publish, display, broadcast, and use the entrant’s name, entry information, trade names, trademarks and logos for purposes related to the Awards.
- The MENA CFO Awards or Naseba cannot be held responsible for any trademark or confidentiality disputes concerning entries to the Awards.
- 2 finalists and the winner in each category will be notified one week prior to the ceremony. Finalists and winners will be announced to the public during the awards ceremony.
- Finalists will receive a certificate of accomplishment, while winners will be presented a trophy. Finalists and winners’ details will be included in the awards presentation, event website, press release and post-event report.