For HR to become credible, it must become a decision science.
The conversation about HR having a “seat at the table” is over. The door is wide open and the Human Resources function has its seat; increasingly one being populated by HR Business Partners that are aligned witTestimonialsh business units rather than, or in addition to a centralised HR function.
But for many organisations that have filled these roles with HR generalists, long on skills in the HR function but short on experience in other areas of the business, these partnerships are proving frustrating for both sides. Now, more than ever, HR professionals need a whole new set of competencies, some related to talent and some related to business to deliver the results their organisations are looking for.
The Strategic HR Business Partners (sHRBP) Certification Program from the Human Capital Institute is comprised of three day-long sessions, each focused in an area critical to this HR/Business Line partnership.
We really learned a lot of tools that would help upskill my fellow professionals and myself. I would really like to recommend this training for up and coming HR professionals to get to the next level.Regional HR Operations Manager, Gulf Business Machines
- HR professionals, business partners and leaders
- Learning and development managers
- Recruitment managers
- Organisational effectiveness professionals
- Develop your business acumen
- Gain a better understanding of financial data and how to use it to relate to the business
- Make more informed decisions backed by data to ensure alignment with business goals
- Understand case studies of using analytics in real world practice
- Share different talent scorecards and action plan
- Discuss the latest thought leadership and research in employee engagement
- Understand how to use a workplace framework to improve the HR function
- Grow your consulting and influencing skills to affect change
- Discover methods to influence different stakeholders
- Get a basis in what it means to be a strategic business partner and improve your job function
Upon successful completion of the training and online exam you will receive the Strategic HR Business Partner (sHRBP) Certification.
Building financial and analytic capability
- Becoming effective Strategic HR Business Partner
- Strengthening business acumen
- Improving financial literacy
- Meaningful analytics
Strategies for improving the workplace through engagement, collaboration and retention
- The Strategic HR Business Partner as workplace architect
- The financial and business impacts of engagement, collaboration and retention (ECR)
- A framework for improving the workplace and workforce
- The ECR journal and action plan
Consulting and execution skills
- The Strategic HR Business Partner as consultant and change agent
- The consulting and execution skills (CES) methodology and Axiom case study
- Execution and change management
- Influencing skills
- The next steps for Strategic HR Business Partners
- Online exam (for certification)
About the trainer
- Senior faculty member of the Human Capital Institute (HCI), a member of the Harvard Business Review Advisory Council as well as the Executive Quarterly Online Panel at McKinsey Consulting
- One of the top 5 HR thinkers in the Middle East
- His global HR background spans many industries, cultures and countries including the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, USA and the Netherlands