Turning innovation into a management discipline, building capabilities and delivering results.
While organisations around the world recognise innovation as a necessity to remain competitive in today’s rapidly changing markets, most struggle to implement a structured process that leads to creative ideas.
The challenges result from a lack of common understanding of the buzzword ‘innovation’. Consequently, organisations around the world face issues to implement innovation standards, tools and daily practices that encourage employees in all departments and positions to be innovative.
The objective of this training is to demystify innovation and make it real and actionable with disciplined process tools and methodologies spanning all aspects of business innovation from concept to customer and from value creation to value capture.
The programme is run worldwide in multiple blue chip companies, including Siemens, 3M and GE, as well as at top business schools, such as HULT Business School, Thunderbird Schools of Global Management, Lee Kong Chian School of Business – Singapore Management University, Rotman School of Management – University of Toronto and Haskayne School of Business – University of Calgary.
The Innovation Management Certification has four levels that help you understand innovation breakthroughs, manage innovation in your organisation and build, sell and commercialise business concepts.
Here’s a glimpse of the training course:
The training was inspiring, and has motivated us to become more innovative in our business development strategies.Mechanical Planner II, Advanced Petrochemical Company
This training is designed for anyone interested in understanding innovation as a business discipline; from creative minds to innovation professionals to business leaders. It strengthens your capabilities as an innovation practitioner and supports you in building a career in the field of innovation.
Moreover, the course helps your organisation to become a leader and high performer in both the creation and capture of business value from innovation.
- What ‘innovation’ means
- How you can create a culture of innovation at all levels of your organisation
- The process that leads to an innovation breakthrough
- How to manage innovation in your organisation
- How to build, sell and commercialise business concepts
Upon successful completion of the 3day course, you can take the Level 1 online exam. This exam is hosted independently by the Global innovation Management Institute (GIMI) and consist of 80 questions which have to be answered within 2 hours.
In order to pass the exam, at least 70% of the questions have to be answered correctly. After passing the exam, you will receive the Innovation management Level 1 certificate by GIMI.
- Learn the definition of innovation
- Understand the importance of innovation
- Recognise what constitutes an innovation breakthrough
- Review great innovation breakthroughs
- Practice building your own innovation technique through creative combinations of compelling trends, basic human needs and simple yet proven business models for creating new value across the innovation value chain
Innovation breakthrough process:
- Understand the methodology behind an innovation breakthrough process
- Learn how global organisations have applied this process for the purpose of generating more and better ideas
About the trainer
- A seasoned consultant and certified Innovation Management Practitioner (Global Innovation Management Institute).
- Representative of the Center for Innovation, Excellence and Leadership (IXL) in the Middle East
- Holds an MBA from IE Business School